Monday 1 December 2014

IF MALKY MACKAY HAS REALLY CHANGED HE SHOULD QUIT AS WIGAN MANAGER


IF MALKY MACKAY HAS REALLY CHANGED HE SHOULD QUIT AS WIGAN MANAGER


According to new Wigan manager Malky Mackay he is taking diversity and equality lessons after he apologised for sending racist, anti-Semitic and homophobic text messages when he was employed at Cardiff City.

He said at the time of his appointment at Wigan, “I made mistakes. I’m absolutely not racist. I have taken on an educational programme in terms of diversity and that will be ongoing. I will continue to learn and educate myself going forward.”

Yet within hours of taking up his new job, Mackay demonstrated clearly he still has a very long way to go on his education programme.

That’s because the man who appointed him, Dave Whelan, made his own racist and anti-Semitic comments. Whelan has since offered an apology of sorts but has been charged by the FA.

So what has Mackay done over this? His new employer attempts to justify his behaviour at Cardiff, behaviour that Mackay states he has learned from. Yet Mackay stays silent, has he gone in to see Whelan and said, “What the hell are you doing? I am trying to rebuild my reputation and what I did was wrong. You can’t justify my comments. You should tell the press and the public that your views don’t represent me. I don’t want to be associated with someone saying those sorts of things! If you don’t then to demonstrate I’ve changed I am going to speak up and if need be I will quit!”

Has Mackay done anything? Of course not so I think we can safely say that Mackay may be taking diversity and equality lessons but they are clearly having no effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment